|Page (1) of 1 - 07/15/17||email article||print page|
D23 Expo Level Up! Panel Showcases The Walt Disney Company's Upcoming Games Line-Up
ANAHEIM, Calif., July 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, during a presentation at D23 Expo 2017, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media revealed new details about the biggest games in its upcoming slate, and offered first-looks at never-before-seen digital experiences. Hosted by YouTube stars JackSepticEye and Strawburry17, the presentation included discussions with developers from Star Wars Battlefront, KINGDOM HEARTS III, Marvel's Spider-Man, plus groundbreaking VR and AR gaming experiences for Marvel and Star Wars.
"It's our mission to bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world and, when it comes to games, we're working with the best developers in the world to create experiences that put fans at the center of the story," said Jimmy Pitaro, chairman of Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media. "Gamers and fans of our stories have never had more to look forward to?and our slate has never been stronger."
For images from the presentation and assets from the projects, please visit the media site: D23 Expo 2017 - Level Up! The Walt Disney Company's Video Game Showcase
Highlights from today's presentation include:
- KINGDOM HEARTS III: Square Enix's famed game director Tetsuya Nomura, revealed KINGDOM HEARTS III will feature the franchise's first-ever Disney?Pixar world, "Toy Story," featuring an original story developed exclusively for the game. Disney and Square Enix also surprised fans with the news that the game will release in 2018.
- MARVEL Powers United VR: Marvel and Oculus announced MARVEL Powers United VR, a first-person, multiplayer, action virtual reality game where players team up with friends to engage in immersive, explosive cooperative fights from across the Marvel Universe. YouTube star Markiplier made a surprise appearance, as he and Head of Oculus Studios, Steve Arnold, offered the crowd a first look at gameplay. Fans can demo the game next week at San Diego Comic-Con by visiting the Marvel Booth.
- Star Wars Augmented Reality Experience: A new chapter in Star Wars experiences was introduced, as Disney and Lenovo gave a first glimpse at a new augmented reality product designed to give fans an opportunity to recapture some of their favorite moments from Star Wars films in ways never before possible. Fans can sign up to learn more by visiting http://jedichallenges.com. The sneak peek video can be found here: Star Wars: Jedi Challenges Sneak Peek.
- Star Wars Battlefront II: Star Wars Battlefront II is bringing an all new hero into the fold with the introduction of Iden Versio, Commander of the Imperial special forces team known as the Inferno Squad. Fans were treated to an appearance by the game's lead actress Janina Gavankar, who plays Iden, and a member of the Lucasfilm Story Group, Steve Blank. In addition to discussing the single player campaign that tells a story from the unique perspective of the empire, Janina and Steve introduced a new behind-the-scenes look at the development of this original Star Wars story featured in the game. The behind-the-scenes look at Star Wars Battlefront II can be found here: Star Wars Battlefront II: Behind The Story.
Learn more here: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2
- Marvel Entertainment: Bill Rosemann, Executive Creative Director, Marvel Games, showcased Marvel's strong portfolio of games, including a behind-the-scenes look at Marvel's Spider-Man with Bryan Intihar, Creative Director at Insomniac Games, a new character in LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2, and highlighted gameplay opportunities in the Marvel Pavilion from other popular games, including Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Marvel Future Fight, Marvel Puzzle Quest, Marvel Heroes Omega, and more.
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) that brings our Company's stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy-five years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visit marvel.com. © 2017 MARVEL
About D23 Expo 2017
D23 EXPO?The Ultimate Disney Fan Event?brings together all the worlds of Disney under one roof for three packed days of presentations, pavilions, experiences, concerts, sneak peeks, shopping, and more. The event provides fans with unprecedented access to Disney films, television, games, theme parks, and celebrities. Presentations, talent, and schedule subject to change. For the latest D23 EXPO 2017 news, visit D23EXPO.com. To join the D23 EXPO conversation, make sure to follow @DisneyD23 on Twitter and use #D23EXPO.
The name "D23" pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his first studio in Hollywood. D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney's 90-plus-year history. It gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication, Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com with members-only content; member-exclusive discounts; and special events for D23 Members throughout the year.
Fans can join D23 at Gold and General Membership levels at D23.com and at DisneyStore.com/D23. To keep up with all the latest D23 news and events, follow DisneyD23 on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube.
©Disney. ©Disney/Pixar. STAR WARS © & Lucasfilm Ltd. © 2017 MARVEL. All rights reserved.
CONTACT: Amelia Lukiman, 1-818-319-6721
SOURCE Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Pro AV, Game Development, Presentors, Virtual Reality, Prosumer/Consumer, Business, Gaming, Virtual Reality, Business Issues, Presentation, Events, Virtual Reality, Video, VR Entertainment, Television, Games, Game Technology, Business, Entertainment, Technologists, Other, Games,